You may be surprised to learn that the skills, knowledge and learning you attained through ‘the school of life’, can correspond to some career-changing qualifications.
Capable NZ can assist you to be assessed for, or gain, nearly any qualification available at Otago Polytechnic using two pathways:
Independent Learning Pathways (ILP)
Enable your staff to gain a formal qualification that reflects their years of experience – and see their commitment and motivation soar. Find out more about ILP above.
Get your employees to embark on a project that both directly benefits your company and gives them a qualification upon completion. Find out more about WBL above.
What can you study through Capable NZ?
Most programmes available at Otago Polytechnic can be assessed through Capable NZ, from certificates through to postgraduate degrees. Currently, the most popular degree, masters and graduate diploma programmes for people using the services of Capable NZ are:
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Business Excellence)
- Bachelor of Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Social Services
- Diploma in Horticulture (Level 5)
- Diploma in Viticulture (Level 5)
- Graduate Diploma in Adventure Tourism Management
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice (OHS)
- Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Education
- Master of Professional Practice
- National Diploma in Building Consent Surveying (Level 5 or 6)
- New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant)
You may be interested in being assessed for a qualification that is not here – such as Construction, Engineering; Art and Design; Hospitality; and Veterinary Nursing. We can help you gain qualifications in all of these and more – just get in touch!
Can Capable NZ help you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about Capable NZ programmes, applying, the assessment process and more in our Frequently Asked Questions page